Built between 1482 and 1548, La Lonja de València was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1996. It is one of the best examples of European civil Gothic, a faithful reflection of the city's splendour during the 15th century.
The complex is made up of 3 sections: The Trading Hall, the Central Tower and the Court of the Sea (Consolat del Mar). The first of these stands out in particular, consisting of a large room divided into three longitudinal halls with large helical columns. The sculptural adornments on the outside of the building also repay inspection.