A great variety of rice dishes (“al forn” (baked), paella, “arròs en costra”, etc.), “coques escaldaes”, typical sweets baked in a wood oven, “coques cristines”, “carquinyols” and “pastissos de glòria”.
Places of interest:
Remains of Vilella Castle
Parish Church of the Nativity of Our lady
Highly-unusual street layout
Two interesting squares: l’Església and Monrubio.
Natural landscapes and mountains, such as “Les Serretes”, “Els Barrancs”, “Les Coves”, “l’Assud”, as well as numerous springs and ecotourism routes.
Festivities are held in honour of Saint Ursula on 21st October. Further festivities are held during the last week in August, with the last day of the festivities coinciding with the last Saturday in August. The festivities traditionally last four days.
- Main festivities (27th to 30th August)
- 1st day “La Vespra”. The start of the village’s main festivities is celebrated on this day.
- 2nd day “El dia de l’Ajuntament”. The festivities held on this day are organized by the Village Council. Day dedicated to the village’s patron saint, St. Ursula.
- 3rd day “El dia dels festers jóvens”. The festivities held on this day are organized by a group of young people from the village. This day is dedicated to the Immaculate Conception.
- 4th day “El dia dels festers casats”. On this day, the festivities are organized by a group of married couples. This day is dedicated to the Christ of Refuge.
- Saint Ursula
Festivities are held in honour of Saint Ursula on 21st October.
- Saint Anthony
Festivities are held in honour of Saint Anthony on 17th January.
Telf.: 962896079 (Ayto.)