Select Page


Population: 2468 inhabitants.
Municipal term: 43 km
Altitude: 224m.
Name: quatretondà, quatretondana.


The local cuisine includes a wide range of rice dishes, of which “cassola d’arròs al forn” (baked rice) and “arròs amb fessols i naps” (rice with beans and turnip) are the most popular.
Local sweets include “besos de novia”, a typical sweet that can be acquired in the village’s bakeries.

The olive oil produced by the Quatretonda agricultural cooperative is excellent.

Places of interest:

Hermitage of Saint Joseph

The 17th century hermitage has a simple, rectangular layout, a gable roof and is divided into three sections. The main section has a barrel vault and arches resting on pilasters. There is a series of side chapels with vaulted ceilings, and there are different invocations; to Saint Joseph on the main alter, to Saint Raphael, Our Lady of the Forsaken and the Christ of Faith. As for the facade, located at the foot of the nave, it is shaped like an altar piece and crowned with a bell gable and other decorative elements, such as spheres and pinnacles, elements of the late Renaissance, a single undecorated door with an eye-shaped window above it. There is also a sundial between the eye-shaped window and the bell gable, as well as a series of inscriptions in the stone located parallel to the door.

Hermitage of Saint Martin

Of unknown origin and date, according to tradition it may have been the church of a small Moorish village, of which there is archaeological, written and oral evidence. It was abandoned during the Spanish civil war, being used only by farmers when surprised by a storm or as a shelter for travellers. In 1956, after more than twenty years of abandon, a neighbour, Mr. Juan Alberola Oltra “Silverio”, began its reconstruction.

Village centre

Mention may be made of the 18th century buildings, such as the “Calatayud”, “Felip Faus” and “Romuald” houses. A visit to the “Cristo de la Fe”, “Benigànim”, “Sant Doménec” and Sant Josep” streets is obligatory.

La “Almàssera”

The mill has been in continuous operation for over 152 years, and for 4 generations it has been run by the same family. Oil is obtained naturally and cold-pressed, without the intervention of any chemical processes.

Church of Saint John

Dating from the Baroque period, it combines different artistic styles: Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo. It has a single nave covered by a ribbed vault. Features include a 17th century “Mother of God” altarpiece above the sacristy and a fresco painting of the Archangel Saint Gabriel, Saint Christopher and Saint Thomas, Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Michael, the Immaculate Conception, the Trinity and Our Lady of Solitude.


Comprised of three sections and a pediment. It is a baroque work dating from 1694 with Gothic elements (the semicircular arches that form the bell housing) and Renaissance details (spheres and pinnacles)

Hermitage and Calvary

A 17th century Baroque building located on a small hill. It has a simple, rectangular layout, a nave with three sections and a barrel vault and chapels between the pillars.


Festivities in honour of Saint Peter are held from 28th June to 2nd July, with bull-running in the streets.
The village’s main festivities are held from 6th to 11th September in honour of Christ of the Faith, Our Lady of the Rosary, Saint Joseph and the Divine Aurora, with masses, processions and a wide variety of recreational events, such as street dances, fireworks, etc.

Tourist Info Quatretonda

Phone.: 96 226 45 71 (Ajuntament de Quatretonda)